If i pump at a relitives house and its only a couple of hours is it okay to put it in the freezer when i get home?

zoeysmommy4

Asked by zoeysmommy4 at 11:12 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would think so. Just make sure you refrigerate it until your are able to get it home and in the freezer.
    Anonymous

• I use to pump at work during lunch. LOL in a private office that is. I would refrigerate it and when I got home, put it in the freezer. It was about 4 hours until I froze it. The main thing is to keep it refrigerated.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:17 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Carry it in an insulated bag with cold packs until you get home.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 11:33 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yup
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• breast milk can sit out up to 10 hours, according to one of my baby books and my Ped said up to 8 hours.. so i go with 8 hours..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 12:36 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• thats right fresh breast milk is good for 8-10 hrs left out when i was breast feeding she had a hard time on the breast so i pumped and gave it to her in a bottle so i pumped right before bed and let it sit out for the next feeding saved time and frustration just a tip lol
    mommynbabygirl

Answer by mommynbabygirl at 8:01 AM on Oct. 6, 2008