Headbanger?

My dd is 13 months. She has been butting her head against things and worries me. She does it when she's mad or tired, or sometimes for no apparent reason. Her Ped. says not to worry at this point, but I am just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what you did.

Jennibug

Asked by Jennibug at 11:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My girls did that too. Its just a phase, usually and if doc says dont worry I wouldnt for now.
    erin7420

Answer by erin7420 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My 1 year old DS head butts everyone for giggles, I'm just waiting for the day when he head buts my MIL square in the nose lol.

If the pedi said it's fine don't worry unless she head butts her head throw something
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• *through
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• I didn't have this issue, but I have a friend that did. Her daughter would bang her head of ANYTHING she could when she got tired or upset in any way... It used to scare me but really, it comes down to if she was hurting herself, she would stop... Kids don't like pain and aren't going to continue doing something which hurts them. I would say keep an eye on her, but at this age it's not really something to worry about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• Yeah. Both my kids did the same thing at that age...I lived in a basement apt when my son was in that phase, so we had concrete floors under the carpet. I would just try to put a pillow or cushion under his head whenever he started. They both stopped after a while, but I can't remember exactly how long. Sorry, but it will pass...it's just a phase...(so cliche..lol)
    cjzmom

Answer by cjzmom at 11:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My 14 month old does that. She hits herself in the head and hits others as well. It worries me, but I keep getting told that it is a normal phase because they're discovering how to express themselves.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 11:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• it took 3 years for my daughter to get out of that good luck
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 11:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2010

• My younger dd did it for a while. I didn't get too worried unless she hit her head really hard against something.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My brother was a head banger and so was one of my sons out of 5 kids. They grow out of it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2010