what kind of Laundry soap do you use?

I can't seem to find a good soap that gets clothes clean!

emturner

Asked by emturner at 11:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I am a big fan of Gain detergent and I always put a scoop of Oxi-Clean in every load. I don't even have to use bleach anymore for anything. My whites glow and I get out every stain without pre-treating.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:25 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I use TIde HE and I also add 1/4 cup of white vinegar to each load. I have two boys that get into everything and this gets it all out! If there's a bad stain I use Dawn dish washing liquid to spot treat, gets it out every time!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:18 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I use all natural, plant based ones. I can't think of the name of mine right now. It's pretty cheap though. Daaaaaarn it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 11:24 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I use the ALL ultra concentrated. I also use Shout for stains. Just spray it on, rub in a bit and wash and the stain is gone!! I buy the ALL because it's the cheapest brand at Sam's Club and a get a huge container that lasts me a long time.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 11:31 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I use whatever coupon I have that saves me the most money, I am not brand loyal at all!
    grovelady

Answer by grovelady at 12:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I use surf laundry detergent- in powder. gets clothes really clean and smelling good! and u get like 120 load for about 11-12$ or so and one usuallylasts me like a month and i get the downy april fresh in 90 load makes a great combo!!
    katamike

Answer by katamike at 12:23 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I love arm and hammer
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Ecos and/or Simplicity.

Ecos-is plant based www.ecos.com

Simplicity is Non-toxic. www.simplicityclean.com

They both are Septic Safe. (That's why I get them).

Ecos cost about $15 a bottle and Simplicity cost about $8 bottle. I can do at least a month worth of clothing for each bottle. So the cost is not that bad at all. $8-15 for a months worth of laundry soap.

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:32 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• LOL!! I was just looking at the bottle of simplicity it's plant based too. oops I didn't fully realized it before. I tend to do thing that are "green" as long as the price is comparable to other cleaners and as long as they work. Not because they are "green" but because "green" products are also Septic Safe, which is good for me because we have a septic system here, so I try to get only those things that are septic safe.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:37 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I use the Arm & Hammer Essentials Free & Clear. I freakin' love it. It's $6.99 at Lowe's for the 80 oz size, and there's almost always a $1.00 off coupon floating around.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:42 AM on Oct. 6, 2008