is this normal after an Episiotomy? please answer adult content

I had my episiotomy 2 weeks and 3 days ago, and all the pain is gone except for in one spot... and not to be gross but the nurses say to blot instead of wipe to not tear stitches and I did that, but it feels like a stitch is just poking me and it hurts for like 2 minutes on and off... I am still bleeding, but its brown now and not red and I know thats normal but that little pain I feel is that normal 2 weeks lateR?

UAFwife

Asked by UAFwife at 12:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe it is just a tender spot? i didnt have an episiotomy i didn't even really tear but i did have those moments where is just hurt on an off.. =/ i think i was just tender. maybe try an ice pack throughout the day?
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 12:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I didn't have an episiotomy, but I had a tear and needed stitches. I was told the same thing, as well as to try witch hazel pads (I just bought witch hazel and cotton balls) stuck in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes and to rinse with water after using the bathroom. It seems like I remember having that same feeling in one little spot like I was being poked. If you have the stitches that dissolve on their own, it should be going away really soon. If it's bugging you really bad, you might want to call your doctor and ask him/her to take a look at it for you.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree with the first statement give it a couple of weeks.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Leave a couple tucks in your panties during the day, the are next to the hemeroid cream at the store, and also use them to wipe. Also buy some of the pain relieving first aid spray and use that after after potty trip. It will sting at first but then provide cooling relief. I didn't have an episiotomy but I did I have a third degree tear with my first baby who was nearly ten pounds. I was ripped almost to my anus. It did hurt for wow like two weeks and was hard to sit down. Maybe longer, it was also incredibly swollen and fat and lumpy. If it makes you feel better I didn't need anything and didn't tear at all for my two subsequent births. Hang in there. The part that is bothering you is probably where your OB either started or ended the cut I am guessing so its wear the stitches are tied. Call the office if you need to.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I had a small tear and felt that twinge exactly like you're saying! It just felt like there was something prickly down there. I thought the hospital told me my stitches would dissolve in 10 days, so I was concerned. I actually looked down there with a mirror and could see the stitches. When I called the hospital, they said it would take 6 WEEKS for the stitches to dissolve! I also so my midwife, and she said I had a slight yeast infection. You might check that out, especially if you're having whitish discharge. I got some herbs and did a sitz bath and that helped. I wish i had known about the herbal sitz bath when I first gave birth. Look up a recipe online. They're usually sipmle and you can get the ingredients at your local healthfood store. Good luck, and congrats!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Try the tucks pads and use the peri bottle each time you use the bathroom to make sure it doesn't get infected. If you are hurting, definitely take a sitz bath. It really helps.
    nebraskamamaof2

Answer by nebraskamamaof2 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• thanks ladies that makes me feel better
    UAFwife

Comment by UAFwife (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• completley normal
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 7:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I had one and I had the same thing. I could pinpoint exactly where it was because it was only that one spot I could feel. I agree with what everyone else said. Mine actually took a couple months to go away. It got less and less painful though as time went on. I could feel it during sex and had to let it actually heal before we did it.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 8:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes. Your stitches aren't all out yet, so I'd wait and see where the pain is after all your stitches are gone.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010