diaper changes..

any other babies absolutely hate there diaper changes? or is my son the only one :(

akalei

Asked by akalei at 12:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lots of kids are like this...so its pretty normal try to make it a game:) May not work but worth a try or singing!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think it depends on the age...usually after 3 months my children use to smile and giggle.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 12:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• whew! i thought i was the only one! haha the only time he seems to be happy is when he has his jimmy (its a little rubber lizard) but he hides it! so he doesnt always have it :(
    akalei

Comment by akalei (original poster) at 12:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Oooh, my son likes them! LOL! I'm always telling him, "Hey! I'm not doing this for your PLEASURE!" LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My dd doesn't like to hold still for them, so I ask her to hold the clean diaper. It distracts her long enough for me to clean her up.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 12:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i used to work in a daycare and had a little bot that hated getting his diaper changed...his mom said it was bcuz he didnt like to stay still and jus wanted to play...maybe give him a toy while changing him or as i did i played peek a boo while changing the little fellow..
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 12:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There are stages to diaper changes. They may scream at first, then they may laugh, then they may scream again. Once they get mobile they won't want to sit still for a change.

What I usually do is have my child hold the diaper, a wipe, or diaper cream while I change them and talk to them through the whole thing. I am taking off your wet diaper, now I am going to wipe you, now I am putting on the new diaper. It engages them and give them something to do. It will get better.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 12:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes. I always have a toy or book nearby so they are distracted.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2010