Hip giving out and pregnant

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and sometimes I can be walking and my leg/ hip gives out and I about fall anyone know what that's about?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 12:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think it's the loosening of joints and pelvis to prepare for baby's delivery. Don't worry, that doesn't mean any time soon! My hips, shoulder, back, and even jaw went when I was pregnant. My doc said your joints turn to rubber when you are pregnant, but mine just went a little overboard!!!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 12:33 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I had the same thing happen to me when I was pregnant. Your joints are loosening up for the delivery of your baby, and the rest of your body hasn't quite caught up yet. Walk slowly, and carefully, for the rest of your pregnancy. You probably won't fall, but if you are like me, you won't exactly look graceful when walking. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 12:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'm 28 weeks and have that issue at times. My midwife told me that it happens and all women are affected differently by the weight of the baby. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• it's called sciatica...it's the sciatic(sp?) nerve being stretched and moved. I had it while pregnant too and it was a PAIN!! lol
    jaidasmommy

Answer by jaidasmommy at 2:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'm sorry. I hope you don't ever fall.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Its caused by the relaxin in your body loosening your joints. Gentle stretching can help keep things in line, but don't over stretch yourself. Walk slowly and deliberately. Do not rush yourself.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 8:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010