Does anyone have any advice for a teenage son's first date?

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:33 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• don't have sex in any sense of the meaning, open the car door for her, every door actually, Compliment her right away...not you look hot, but you look beautiful or gorgeous for example, brush your teeth, not too much cologne. Be yourself
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I hope you meant advice for him, lol cause thats the advice I gave :)
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not much experience here, seeing as I have no teenagers! But, from my own experience, I would say- easy on the cologne! Good luck, and hope it goes well for him!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 12:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• He needs to remember to be himself. She agreed to a date with him being normal so he doesn't have to change or add too many things to his behavior. Just make sure he greets the parents respectfully, is kind and gentlemanly toward his date and isn't too forward with his speech.

At the end of the evening, he can walk her to her door or car and thank her for spending time with him. I wish you luck. I am sending our 3 of 4 boys to middle school next week. I am sure the first dance will be brought up by the second week. It's different with each one and this one is more socially awkward...*sigh*...I may be posting questions soon.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 1:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• She is someone's daughter and perhaps a sister, too, so treat her with respect..remember how valuable a person she is to others and how they care deeply about her well being. Keep your clothes on and your hands off. Control. Ditto about the cologne...
    dflygirl7

Answer by dflygirl7 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Tell him to treat her the way he would want a boy to treat his sister. Open the door, be polite, watch his language(might not need to say that to you) have her home on time, just BE A GENTLEMAN. and he'll do just fine.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 10:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Treat her with RESPECT. Don't forget that she has a father and may have brothers, so watch your step. Introduce yourself to her parents and shake her dads hand. Be polite, kind and just nice.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• tell him to have fun and be good
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 7:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010