My ex broke up with me because "we don't have any chemistry." Question about that!!!

My ex and I were together for 16 months until he broke up with me last week. He said "we don't have any chemistry" anymore. I agree that the exciting factor faded a little, but doesn't it always fade some after being with a guy for a while?

Was this enough reason to break up with me?

goodchar130

Asked by goodchar130 at 12:35 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• it was for him.
    sorry, i know that sucks, but you can't control what others do, or how they feel. be glad he did it, rather than continue on down a path that was doomed. (you may not have seen it that way, but he obviously did.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think after a year people start to think seriously and if sparks are already gone it's normal to part ways. In his mind it may be if the spark is gone and it's only been a year and some months, how boring will it get later? Be glad he didn't wast your time, so many men will
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't want to say this to hurt you, but it sounds to me like he didn't really value you, that he just liked you for the chemistry. The chemistry can be what starts a relationship, but along the journey two people must come to respect and value each other if true love is to grow. Sounds like he's a shallow guy. You can do better!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• honey, what does it matter if it's a valid reason or not. All that matters is he dumped you. Move on. Don't dwell on it.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No,He was just finding excuses to dump u,& did just that
    A11

Answer by A11 at 1:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If there is no love after the hot & heavy chemistry is over, then most people break up. You have to totally LOVE that person & accept their dark side too in order to keep going (everyone has a dark side). If he is breaking up with you because of lack of chemistry, then he is not in love with you & you need to move on.

Sometimes it seems as if there is no vaild reason for the break up. But there is. He no longer wants to be with you & that is valid enough to just move on & don't analize why. Not wanting to be with someone is a very vaild reason to break up.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The phrase "We have no chemistry anymore" is Guy Brain Code for "I saw bigger boobies over there somewhere."
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010