Relaxation

what measures/ activies do you take to relax? im trying to be more calm and need ways to keep cool lol

mommy2b0805

Asked by mommy2b0805 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I like yoga poses on my bed at night to clear my mind. Also a hot shower ending with an ice cold rinse in the AM.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• you'd be surprised how having classical music, turned down low, in your room can be relaxing! no flashy videos, or loud commercials from the tv! an easy read is always good, too. low-lighting, candles, a little vino maybe..coming out of a hot bath, all freshed up and clean always helps me relax.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Reading relaxes me...and when i'm having a really stressful day...a good ole glass of wine :)
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 12:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• St. John's Wort is a good herbal remedy for mild anxiety. Lavender is wonderful too, I used to have a linen lavender spray that I misted on my pillow before I went to sleep and it was wonderful! It's a very calming herb, that's why they put it in a lot of baby products.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• YOGA! I go twice a week, and I am so much more relaxed after classes. I go on Mondays & Thursdays- I wish I could fit in a midweek class too!
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 9:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yoga, turning off t.v and all electronics and just sitting quietly for 15 min. 20 min power nap. Taking time alone like going to have coffee by myself w/ a good book.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 6:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yoga, reading, soaking in the tub. Running also does it for me as well.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:33 AM on Aug. 10, 2010