Help, advice please!!!!

My 17 yrs old son has been taking things out of his sister's pocketbook, like, money, a cellphone they we were keeping away from him for punishment. I have to keep certain things in my house locked up in a safe, and I know this sounds awful. Including prescription medications. Or any information that I don't want anybody to see. Account numbers, credit cards or whatever you can think of. It's pretty bad when you can't trust your own family members. But I do what I have to do. Anything of value goes into it too.

amessageofhope

Asked by amessageofhope at 12:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• If it is an extreme issue, I would consider pressing charges so that he understands that he is nearly an adult and he cannot act like that without suffering the consequences. You should probably make sure that he doesn't have a drug related problem going on as well. He may need rehab help. Best wishes!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Do you think he is funding a drug problem? My brother used to steal money out of my purse and my mom's and that was the case.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• have you considered locking him up in youth services for a week or more? Tell him if he continues you'll press charges and youth services is mild compared to jail.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i really dont know how to help this is really serious...sounds as though he's doing drugs...and should seek some help..maybe you could suggest that he talks to someone..like a school counsilor...a pastor at your church...or even a close male family member
    i think your son is calling for your attention...he needs to let out whats going on with him...and he maybe uncomfortable talking to you...sorry sweetie i'm not much help...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 12:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Sounds like a drug or drinking problem. Sorry this happening, and hope you can get it figured out.
    Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 2:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Slap him around a bit jk it does sound like he needs help. Has he been punished for this behavior? Something needs to be done and fast before it gets worse.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 3:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You need to seriously put a stop to this and address the problem now talk to him or get him some help it will get worse if its not dealt with GL!
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2010