It is ok to eat activia while prego?

I want to know if it is ok toeat the activia yougart please let meknow

memphisangel37

Asked by memphisangel37 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• As far as I know, it's fine. My midwife suggested it when I has issues with constipation early on.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• why wouldn't it be. it's just yogurt with a lot of fiber and you're supposed to eat more fiber while pregnant cause you're prone to constipation
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yep. It's good for you.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• To my knowledge, it's fine.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I ate it whenever I was irregular. And guess what, it regulated my digestive system. So, yeah, totally try it.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 1:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes it just has fiber in it
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Activia is a probiotic yogurt that recently has been heavily advertised in the U.S., and sales of have soared well past the $100 million mark. It has been sold overseas since 1987. Groupe Danone (Dannon), the company manufacturing Activia, cites “Bifidus regularis” as key to its success. But if you look up “Bifidus regularis” in your Bergey’s Manual of Bacteriology, you will come up empty as it is actually the trademarked name of Bifidobacterium animalis strain DN 173 010, registered by Groupe Danone and used in Activia. The US commercials for Activia tout its effectiveness for people who are “bloated and irregular.” However, posts on message boards about Activia indicate that people who do not have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or constipation may not benefit from Activia.

And that's the only difference. So yes, it's completely safe.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If you are ever not sure ask your doctor.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 8:30 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Why don't you eat real yogurt? Real yogurt has live cultures and does not have gelatin, artificial colors, artificial flavors.

I buy plain, greek style yogury, and sweeten with pureed fruits and maple syrup.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010