Magnesium

I am using a Magnesium supplement. Was just wondering if anyone else was using one?

Magnesium helps many people fight insomnia by giving them a good night’s sleep.
Magnesium gets rid of muscle cramps also know as Restless Leg Syndrome or Jumpy Leg Syndrome often the first night. Because of this, which can cause a sleep disorder many people find it a sleep aid and some even call it an insomnia remedy.
Magnesium is most known for its anti-stress properties. Many people find instant stress relief after the first day. Stress in the work place, stress at home all contribute to other diseases like heart disease, high blood pressure and anxiety. See the article The Important Role of Nutritional Magnesium and Calcium Balance in Humans Living with Stress for more detail.
Magnesium is also necessary to work with calcium to prevent osteoporosis

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Health

• I have been taking Magnesium as a preventative treatment for migraines and for RLS for many years now. I am also taking it with Calcium right now to prevent round ligament pain and leg cramping during pregnancy.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't take a supplement, just eat bananas, but for the sleep & RLS that you mentioned. just learned the other day about the anti-depressant value of bananas too.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I use it for all of the above. . .lol. . . It was suggest to to me by my herbalist for many ailments that I tend to have. . . and so far. . .over all I feel so much better taking it. :)
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I was on a Magnesium drip while I was8 months pregnant. I had to go 3 times a week for 4 weeks. Mayne I should start up a supplement since I have insomnia didn't know it helped with that. thanks for letting me know!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• natural calm magnesium supplement has one with calcium * just FYI
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 1:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, my kids and I have been taking it (a magnesium/calcium blend) for years. It's one of the supplements prescribed by their DAN! doctor.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We all take a calcium/magnesium/vitamin D supplement daily.

Magnesium deficiency can also trigger migraines and intensify symptoms of ADD/ADHD

Answer by rkoloms at 8:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I take it every other day for kidney stones. It is my understanding that kidney stones are because there is not enough magnesium to make the calcium work so it backs up and makes stones.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:37 PM on Aug. 10, 2010