Why is it that if you are not voting for Obama you are somehow AUTOMATICALLY a racist!?

I am SICK & TIRED of some of the immature women on here and their ridiculous insinuations against people who are not voting and/or supporting Obama....These are the same people that talk about TOLERANCE, yet never walk it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• its because the are immature adn they want to base everything on the color of his skin but then preach that it shouldnt matter .. well IM NOT VOTEING FOR OBAMA !!!!! period thats it for many many reasons and really not one dealing with his color
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• i totally agree! if you dont agree with the obama supporters your a racist its dumb and immiture! i dont like obama but im not a racist i just dont think hes good for our country!!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 11:36 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• You know I've wondered the same thing. If someone isn't voting for McCain/Palin, does that make them sexist?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• One of my close friends is African-American and is voting McCain. She has been told by many people of her race that she is not standing up for her heritage!! Give me a break. Society cannot get over the race thing. America gives us the freedom of choice.
    I also have many white friends that are voting Obama. Why?? Because it is their choice.
    Stupidity is what is doing their talking.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 11:40 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• becausee they are just stupid and childish i mean really i feel like im still with my kindergarden class when im here sometimes i think my class acts more mature and better then alot of moms on here not nearly as much name calling or fighting
    Anonymous

• Because since he has been anointed the Media's Messiah, they can't imagine why anyone would not agree with his policies, or have the audacity to look at his voting record, or check out his political connections, or even question his experience--since he obviously is so gifted in speech and is charismatic--that should be enough!!!! And people think Palen is being supported just by her looks? Obama came to light in the Dem party because of ONE speech he gave a few years ago at the DNC!!!! NOT because of his reforming anything, or being a stand out on Capital Hill.

Ronnie80

Answer by Ronnie80 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I dont think that is fair at all, You are only speaking out of your anger because you dont want to vote for him. You only assume that because he is BLACK that would be a black persons first thought oh hes BLACK to people have to be racist cause they dont want to vote for him, THATS NOT FAIR AND THATS NOT TRUE. The only reason that ignorant people wouldnt vote for him and that others would accuse people of being racist in majority of the case its because its true to a certain extent, this world has not changed at all its still the same as it was in the 50s, 60s. and so on just a little bit more discreet. No matter how good he would be for this country people find a way to make a mockery of it because he is BLACK and that is the only card they can play is the race card.
    Mrs_Kay

Answer by Mrs_Kay at 1:58 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• And to be honest I think personally a lot of people in this world wouldnt vote for him because of his race but I also think that there are many blacks, whites, mexicans, and so on that will vote for him because hes going to bring change something different. The problem with America is that we are afraid of CHANGE. But me Im so ready for change some one new fresh and open to different ideas.
    Mrs_Kay

• I probably shouldn't say this, but the race card is the easiest "get out of jail free card" there is. It strikes fear into those that aren't strong enough to stand up for their own beliefs or defend themselves. I think a lot of white people harbor some sort of guilt because it was their ancestor's that robbed America from the Indians and had slaves. I am a minority myself and have used the race card a few times, and I know of other's that use it all the time. To answer your question, it's because it's very effective!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• It's a cheap shot because they can't think of a REAL argument for voting for him. When all else fails, cry racism. I have no fear of being called a racist. I know in my heart how I feel, and to heck with anyone who wants to argue with me about it. I'm getting really tired of watching people cowtow to things they know are wrong because they are afraid of being called a racist...and even more tired of people using the accusation whenever someone disagrees with their view. It's a chickensh*t way of thinking if you ask me.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:51 AM on Oct. 6, 2008