UPS?

I checked the status on something I ordered. My package arrived in Indy at 11am Saturday and they were open from 10am- 4pm, I live only 2 hours from Indy. The status says "In- Transit" but the epected says "8-10- 2010". That trying to tell me my package won't arrive until Tuesday? Wtf. I was hoping to get it before Tuesday. I didn't think it would take until Tuesday to get from there to here. My son starts kindergarten Tuesday and I was hoping to take lots of pictures of him and of my oldest daughter, she starts 4th grade. My digital camera I have is broke. Has anyone gotten anything soon than stated?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• I work at UPS, and it's highly possible it will get to you on Monday. We don't work on Saturdays or Sundays, but Monday morning your package will be loaded onto a package car IF it was unloaded in the Indy hub, and there are no hubs closer to you. If there is a hub closer to you it will be packed onto a feeder (a tractor trailer) and arrive Tuesday. (I am not a spokesperson for UPS, and make no promises. This is just my assumption from personal experience in the business.)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 1:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• They probably have to put it through sorting and everything else to get to you. =/ I try and avoid UPS when possible and really only ship USPS. <3
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i hope it gets there sooner
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 1:34 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I recently ordered a few things through Walmart.com and Target.com, and they all came within the days that they stated they would come by. IDK, i suppose e-mail the company you ordered from and ask them about it.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:35 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I like Fedex better, I wish the company I bought the camera from used Fedex. I guess I will have to borrow my moms digital. Looks like the dsi game I bought my daughter will get here before the camera and I bought her game the day after I bought the camera.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• no...everytime i order from them it comes on the day that they say...u may have to borrow a camara for that special day...or buy a desposable one....sorry sweetie
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 1:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's usually the next business day when you live outside of a city. We don't get UPS delivery on the weekends at all and we're 5 miles outside of the city.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 1:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I get mine like the website says too and I thought they were closed on the weekends?? That's why I TRY to do all my internet shopping on Mondays - so I know it might get here. LOL, or Fridays so I know it will get here the next week. Sorry. I wish I could help. It's probably like it says on the website.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 1:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks a bunch!!

Thanks goodness there is a chance it will arrive before Tuesday! There are no hubs located closer to me, just the one in Indy. It says it was scanned in Indy. I am crossing my fingers it will arrive before Tuesday!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I've never had a package arrived earlier than the expected date on the tracking number. Good luck though!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010