what do u have to say about this

ok my little sister has a friend that is 9 years old and her mother lets her stay out all hours of the night lets her go to the store by her self and let me tell u that it is across a busy street she lets her 4 year old son go where ever he wonts and does not even check on him omg makes me so mad

mrs.dewberry01

Asked by mrs.dewberry01 at 2:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Time to call CPS!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 2:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not checking on a 4-year-old at all is seriously upsetting. If he is in any danger, maybe you could alert the mother to the danger he is in and if she doesn't listen, possibly do involve the authorities. The nine-year-old thing is more subjective.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• That doesn't sound like a good situation to me. Might be time to start taking some notes and make some phone calls. My daughter is up sometimes at all hours of the night, but there is adult supervision and my daughter is 16 years old! Good luck!
    Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 3:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We have a family in our neighborhood that is a similar situation... The grandma was home all day with the kids, but they just wandered. The little girl (6) spent several days at our house... I would send her home for lunch, but she would spend hours on end at another little girls house or at our house. Their son used to wander the neighborhood too... I've never even met the parents other than a wave at the bus shop... If my son is going to be playing at somebody's house, I make it a point to at least go meet them and set up some ground rules... But, then again, we don't live near a busy highway, so that makes a difference on the wandering thing. I think I agree with documenting, or maybe even taking pics? I'm kinda funny though about calling CPS. Maybe the mom knows the person at the store or something? Or maybe she is just a horrible mom, I guess you never know unless you're there!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 7:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not my family not my business. It is terrible-but not my family.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree with Bellarose.

Answer by older at 8:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well being a mom with 6 kids;i've always am there to see what is going on...and if they do go somewhere I check the place out even with my 15 year old...
    neicy68

Answer by neicy68 at 3:12 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am almost never good with calling CPS cuz they are very ineffective. They harass hard working people but as in the case that you are describing nothing will be done.Hopefully soon enough the 4 yo will be in school and then cared for a bit more during the day.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 7:14 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• These children need to be supervised and not running around at night since who knows what could happen to them if no one knows there whereabouts. I've encountered parents like that that my kids have associated with, and guess who they will come running to when their children end up missing and in trouble.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:59 PM on Aug. 11, 2010