Time to Move out of crib?

When do most people move their toddler out of the crib?

happy2bmommyof3

Asked by happy2bmommyof3 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my neice had a time moving from crib to a twin bed so i sugested get on of those convertable cribs were you cantake one od the rails down and make it a daybed type. It got her used to the idea of a"big girls bed"
    Anonymous

• I moved my son into a bed when he learned how to climb out of the crib.
    Mrs.Chase

Answer by Mrs.Chase at 8:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• My son moved himself into a toddler bed (I have a little mini-blog about it on here called "Easiest toddler bed transition EVER") around 19 months old
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Mine is 23 months and still in her crib.

The crib is the safest place for a curious, wide awake toddler in the middle of the night. If your little one can't or won't climb out (we have a crib tent to prevent it), leave them in the crib. Being in the crib longer won't hurt his chances of getting into Harvard. Being in a bed sooner won't make it any easier to get into Harvard.

It's not a contest of who's child was in a bed soonest. It's a safety issue. Move them when the crib is no longer safe and they are responsible enough to have free reign of their room/the house all night long.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• "Move them when the crib is no longer safe and they are responsible enough to have free reign of their room/the house all night long."

Just remember that this can be easily solved by making sure their room is baby proofed. My son's room is completely babyproofed and we keep a gate in his doorway. That way if he DOES choose to get up and play (which he never does) then he's safe.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:01 PM on Jul. 3, 2008