SOS! Boyfriend gone crazy!

My SO have been together for Three years, for the first time yesterday he hit me...for no real reason btw. Now tonight he invited me out with his friend, (who stood him up), and he ended up hitting me so hard I fell into traffic and he left me there. It was over a jokingly question "Why are you asking for a menthol, when you smoke non-mentol?" that's all I said. I don't understand why it caused such a drastic personality change but all of a sudden I hate him...and apparently he hates me. He's still wondering the city, he took all my money and left me the cigarettes. It's been two hours and I can't find him, I have no idea where he is...I've been home now for a while, I relieved our sitter a while ago, but he has no keys in...

I'm worried for him and our family. I think I should leave, no, I know I should leave, but how can I abandon someone I love when he's obviously in a time of need.

What should I do?

CindyRae74

Asked by CindyRae74 at 3:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• That is so bad. I'm sorry you had to go through that. I giot pulled and pushed by my bf while he was drunk. I got him really mad. but he has never done anything that drastic. Has he acted this way before? Is there anything that is really bothering him? Because it seems to me like there is. Espeshally something as little as smokes. What is he doing with the money if he left you with the smokes? I would leave.asap. This is a scary situation and I know how hard it is to just, up and leave the one you love. espeshally over the years you shared. I didn't leave my bf cause I knew it was him being drunk but I told him if he ever did it again, I wouldnt look back. You have to be strong, you don't deserve the way he is treating you and him just leaving you like this. This sounds a little harsh but I would leave and not look back. Talk to him though, when you do find him. Ask him what his deal was. Good Luck with this. <3
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Is this behavior recent or has it happened in the past either verbally or physically? If you are seeing a big change all of sudden then he could be using drugs or picking fights with you because he is seeing someone else. Personally I would leave for the night and not be there when he gets home. No telliing what condition he will come home in and you don't need to be hit again. Actually I would leave the asshole because once they start hitting they don't stop but that's just me.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:22 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• what exactly does he need besides a good kick in the ass. Sorry. Okay first off im sorry he is hitting you. I do beleive something has changed to make him hit you after 3 years together but I dont think you should wait around to find out what that is. It's obvious he needs counseling. I know you dont want to hear this but cops should have been called on him. its not right what he did and you shouldn't have to put up with it.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 3:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• split as fast as you can!!! if he can hit you over something as stupid as smokes, then it can only get worse... trust me! no matter how well you think you know him, no matter how much you love him. you can love him from a distance... the truth is, your a mom and your first priority is to your kids. it will help no one to be out looking for him especially when he wants to hurt you. this is a situation where there is only one way that is right and it is to leave him so fast his head will spin, then maybe he will think about what hes done. and if he really loves you he will change. if he doesnt change, he doesnt love you the right way and your only waisting your time
    sha-sha138

Answer by sha-sha138 at 3:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think you two need some time apart. But as the old saying goes, if he hit you once, he'll hit you again. IMO, I would be safe than sorry and move on!
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 3:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• call the cops on his ass he needs a lesson learned
    a guy should know better not to hit a woman especially the one he loves!!!
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• What he did to you is serious. Do you think he was loving you when he hit you? and you have kids are you gonna wait til he comes home and see what happens next? take you and your kids to your moms or a friends and when he comes home and find you gone and calls you, let him know what he did is unexceptable and you wont be back til he gets help and mean it. if you don't want to call the police, don't go back please, until he gets help. There is no excuse for what he did and if you let him get away with it, i promise you it will only get worse. He'll do it again.
    mrs2323

Answer by mrs2323 at 4:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Seriously , he knocked the shit out of you in public and basiacally left you to wallow in it . Sounds like a real winner. If they do it once whats too say he wont do it again . I understand you guys have been together for a while . But this is a big decision you have too make . Doesnt matter what we think. Its what you think . YOu dont need that kind of Crap in your life and around your kids . Men like that aint worth the shit on your shoe. And over a damn cigg seriously . There is no Excuse for his bs . Personally and this is just me I would Of Punched the Fucker in the face. That would be my gut reaction . I hope you make the right decision for your kids and you . You are too damn good for this .
    Harley_Emmie

Answer by Harley_Emmie at 9:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Run Run Run!!!! This man clearly has no respect for you. If he did he wouldn't have put his hands on you. He will tell you he's sorry and it wont happen again. but it will. You need to leave.
    EttaMay

Answer by EttaMay at 10:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2010