Best workout dvd for weight loss?

I need to lose about 40 lbs and want to start a daily workout routine. I have been looking at workout dvds but not sure which ones are the best for losing weight. Does anyone have any good ones that they have tried and know work. I do exercise so it doesn't need to be too easy. All input is appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I would get a variety since you may get bored if you just use one. Plus you will want to trick your muscles and body by doing something different to avoid plateus. I would not start with p90x because it is so intense, it is meant more for upping your workout not starting a daily routine. I lost a lot of weight doing the tae bo vidoes plus pilates and if you can I would take a zumba class. I would also add some light weight training to tone up and up your metabolism. Good Luck!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 12:28 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• my father in law lost about 10 lbs a week with the biggest loser dvds. not the jillian michaels ones, the ones with bob. he went from 250 to 190 within 2 months
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The yoga dvds are great for stretching.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i have also use the biggest loser dvds and lost 20lbs.
    ladydi121

Answer by ladydi121 at 5:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I love all the Turbo Jam dvd's. They're fun and effective. I have lost a lot of weight and really toned up using those, along with running and light weight lifting.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If you are super motivated, check out P90X...
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 8:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I agree on the P90X but they are no joke. You will definitely see results if you commit to doing them.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 12:04 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• There are 3 really good ones I would recommend.
    Turbo Fire (newest version of Turbo Jam) - kind of aerobics and kick boxing.
    Insanity - Hip Hop 60 day program
    P90X - 90 day program

All are great/intense workouts. Message me if you have questions.
    You can go to www.beachbodycoach.com/teamjacobs to check them out & order.
    If you click on details, it will explain each one and if you need help deciding which one would be right for you, let me know and I'll help you figure it out.
    TeamJacobsCoach

Answer by TeamJacobsCoach at 1:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Insanity is my favorite....but it is geared for athletes-not common folk. The uber fit people are falling out during the DVDs so if I were you I would youtube a bunch of workout DVDs and watch them to see if you'd be interested before spending the money on them.
    TJC- Why do you have Insanity listed as hip hop? It is not even close to hip hop as it is a ton of jumping and full out max interval training...

I lost over 12 lbs doing Insanity and close to 4" off my body. When I started I was 130 lbs and I'm now 118 and a size 5 in juniors. I am incorporating some of the DVDs into my 10K training now that I've finished the program and started running again.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 2:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• As long as you are lowering your calorie intake, eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, and upping your calorie output, ANY exercise routine will help you lose weight.

sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 10:30 AM on Aug. 10, 2010