Do you think there is a double standard...

about promiscuity with boys and girls? It's always seemed to me that the girls always get a bad rap about sleeping around..but the guys involved are rarely mentioned. Do you agree, or is my inclination on this wrong?

Heathercurlz

Asked by Heathercurlz at 3:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes there is. It has always been.
    I tell my DH you shouldn't call women sluts if you like the fact that they sleep with you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Eh, I'm not so sure about this. I agree that it's there, that's undeniable, but I think that boys get a repuation and have a hard time finding a steady girlfriend if they're just known as a guy that sleeps around.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, there is.....and sadly I think it will always be one. Your inclination is right on target!
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 3:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yeap but girls need to know how to keep it on the down low
    i was a promiscuous girl and i never bragged
    most girls get a bad rep because they tend to g2 the ex bf's friends etcetera...
    About guys well always is rarely mentioned and that does suck lol
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Seems like there has always been this double standard. Why and where it came from I do not know. But there seems to be a lot of guys.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, and I believe it is a subtle form of sexism. It manifests itself in all kinds of different ways. For instance, in rape trials a woman's sexual choices and history are often brought up by the defense. Why is that relevant? A certain number of sex partners makes her eligible for rape? Because she likes sex she obviously consents to all sex? Nobody asks, in a robbery case, what was he wearing? Was his business suit advertising that he has money? Was he asking for it? Why was he walking down that street with money on him anyway and he was known for giving money to charities, so he likely wanted money to be taken from him! Also- do you see the questions on here where all the women say that the first thing they would do if their teenaged son got a girl pregnant is demand a paternity test! How about demanding to know if their son has any other sex partners!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yep when girls mess/sleep aroud then they are considered whores but when guys do it then it's "cool" and makes them popular.
    I think they should be treated equal in that sutuation.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:11 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Have you seen the countries obsession with female virginity, including father-daughter promise virginity balls, that totally ignore the male role in sexuality. Girls must be pure for their husbands or they are dirty. Daddy owns your sexuality until you marry, then your husband does. But boys are always in charge of their own bodies and sexuality so they are never dirty or sullied. Ugh, it manifests itself in many ways and a girl being a "slut" for having the same number of sex partners as a boy next to her who is a 'stud" is definitely one of them. Hell, a girl can be a slut even if she is virginal if she dresses a certain way!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It is true girls get the bad repuation but it is starting to turn around a bit I have heard the name man whore a lot in the past couple of yrs. I had always wondered this also why is it that the girl is bad but the guy is so cool come on they are both doing it it should be equal I think
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yeah that girl is a slut they guy just got lucky.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010