Hypothetical question based off a post.

If your 12 year old Dd got pregnant and refused the options of abortion and adoption, would you assume she got pregnant on purpose? Would the thought even cross your mind?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It might cross my mind but I don't think it means that for sure by any stretch. Abortion and adoption are both big issues with huge negative consequences (of course, parenting is too). I don't think that choosing to parent instead of abort or adopt means she planned the pregnancy. Yes, it's possible.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 4:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• wow thats just a hard question
    some girls r different and believe by having the baby the guy might wanna stay with them
    idk just an assumption
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It may cross my mind but I would hope that she chose to keep it based on me raising her to have those morals . That would be a tough situation though.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 5:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well, some things you really have to consider are: depending on how mature she is and her size, labor could be a major surgery for a 12 year old... I would most likely force my child to have an abortion if she wound up pregnant at 12. That's not even a teenager yet... and I still consider that a child. If my Dd got pregnant at 12, I wouldn't give her any options.. and she'd be grounded from life and homeschooled til she was 18.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Luckily, I never had to go thru this with my DDs. But, no, I would NOT assume they had done it on purpose. I would KNOW their decision came from their morals and ethics.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 8:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Adoption and abortion would never be an option for my girls whether they did it on purpose or by mistake.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:22 AM on Aug. 9, 2010