I swear sometimes my dh is so stupid

I'm struggling with things with him lately that are really starting to piss me off. Like today, he calls and says his co-worker (who he knows i cant stand, and is a drunk partier) wants him to stay at his apartment while my dh is out of town. Well I said hells to the no! More like i suggested him stay at our other friends house in that same town. So he was fine with it, and i asked him to not blame me when he told his friend no. Marital code right? He said he would never do that and he would just tell his friend that he already has a place to stay. Well come to find out his friend calls me and asks me why i dont want dh to stay with him! I'm thinking in my head "what are we in junior high?" So i asked dh why the hell he blamed me and he says "i didnt want to lie to him, so i told him u dont trust him and u dont want me staying there"......Enough said. What do i do about this? He doesnt use his frickin head most of the time!

Mom2Rylin

Asked by Mom2Rylin at 4:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I would tell his partying drunk friend that I didn't want my Dh around stuff like that. And then I'd box my Dh's ears and tell him next time if he doesn't lie for me... I'm not going to lie to his mother for him... "oh, hi MIL, yes, he's home.. no he's not busy"... rofl
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 4:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• omg he called u wat a puss hahahahah
    well is ur marriage not his
    im sure ur hubby would say the same if u would stay w a co-worker that parties and stuff
    Leilene07

Answer by Leilene07 at 4:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• exactly! I know he wouldnt want me to stay at a friend of mine who is single and still parties every night lol.We trust eachother, but its best if we can both avoid that kind of shit. If he didnt want me at my friends house, I wouldve just lied for him and told my friend sorry but i have plans or whatever...but i sure as hell wouldnt straight out blame my dh for me not staying at her house! Another thing, that one guy that i dont like tells dh that he's whipped all the time. I told dh that when youre married, its not called being whipped. Your friends should know that family comes first. Ugh sorry just irritated
    Mom2Rylin

Comment by Mom2Rylin (original poster) at 5:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• that just happened last night. i told him i'm too busy to have someone in the house. but men have a hard time that we have a reason we don't want to do things. and i always get blamed for everything. no matter if its fault or not.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't think it's a big deal. It's the truth. Maybe it's good that he knows you don't trust him. I throw DH under the buss all the time...LOL. he doesn't care though. It doesn't bother him what others think, so i always blame DH even when it's not his fault sometimes...lol. All of our friends know that my DH is very hard headed, so when i say "phil doesn't want to" or "Phil said said no" people never second guess me. They would never have the balls to question my DH.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:57 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• He only told the truth, so I don't think you should be upset with your husband. That's the way a man's mind works. It's a lot less devious than most women's and I think that is a very good thing. Granted, he could have phrased it a bit differently by saying "my wife doesn't trust the two of us being together." But again, that's not how a man's mind works--he just repeated what you had told him.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010