My Dh wants me to get my IUD out but doesn't want to start trying. adult content

He doesn't want the pressure and stress caused from TTC like we did with our Dd (we only tried a month, but he swears it was stressful). So, he said to make my IUD appointment and have it removed and then we can just have unprotected sex until we get a baby....

My question is, how long could it take with this method? I have very irregular periods, so we just had sex every other day for a month to try for our first, but not that she's born, we're lucky if we have sex once during the week and twice on the weekends!?

Do you think it'll be a slow process? How long does it take to get pregnant after an IUD was removed?

Any advice is welcome ladies :) (our dd is 16 months old and I'm getting my tubes tied after this one)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• it can be pretty fast. i know someone who had the iud inserted and about 4 years later she married someone and had it removed within 3 months she was pregnant. I know someone else who was pregnant after removal of the IUD within 4 months. ovulation is only during a certain time of the month. usually within the second week after your menses. read up on ovulation and how to calculate it so you can get a better idea of when to get to work LOL. Don't stress it though if you will have kids there is no doubt you will get pregnant when it is time. put in the work and you might see a good result but if you don't there are other things you can do.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 6:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It took me 8 months to get pregnant after having my IUD removed. My cycle was pretty screwy and took a while to normalize after getting it removed. Granted, mine was embedded in the uterus wall and they had to rip it out - not a fun experience.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 6:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010