your childs name ..

why did u pick it?
just liked it or are they named after someone?

san78

Asked by san78 at 6:22 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Baby Names

• Evelyn is after my Mamaw, it was her middle name. Monique is after Dan's grandma. So she's named after 2 great grandmothers. If we have another girl, she won't be names after anyone specifically, I don't think. But if our next one's a boy, he's being named after Dan's father.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Alexandar James - just liked Alexandar, James was after my brother & grandpa
    Christopher Robert - my dad and my FIL's names
    Rebekah Kathlynn - liked Rebekah, Kathlynn is my mom's full name (Kathy Lynn) squished together and minus the y

and my stepson is Gabriel Hayden though I had no part in his name.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 6:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well, I was looking through a million books and online and I couldn't find a single thing I liked enough to name my child. Then one day, I just thought of a name I really liked while doing this, and Dh agreed that it was a good name. I picked it out before we got pregnant. Dh was supposed to chose the boy name, but we had a girl. So, I let him choose how to spell it (both first and middle name). He'll get to choose our next childs name (no matter the gender), and then we'll be done having kids. He had 100% veto power over the girls name and I'll have the same for him.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 6:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Older son is Nicholas Andrew....always loved both names, turns out that Andrew was my FIL's and BIL's names.
    Our younger son is Brian Thomas...Just liked the name, and it worked with our last name.

If they were girls they were going to be named Olivia Grace and Rebecca Marie, respectively. Again, just because I always loved those names for girls. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well my boyfriend chose it,after him coming to me with some of the most gruesome names he finally came up with courtnei,and I finally said yes to a name that he came up with we also had addison on our list for a first name,but instead made it her middle name..(Courtnei addison whitney)
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 7:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My first son is Joseph Preston after my brothers middle names and my grandfathers middle name. My 2nd son is Alexander Thomas I just liked Alexander and Thomas is my fathers name.
    dlshaner

Answer by dlshaner at 7:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• alexis nicole...alexis cuz i love the name alex...i coulda sworn thats what i was gonna call her..but i dont...shes 6yrs old..and i think ive called her alex once..and it didnt sound right for her..so shes lexi for short now..and nicole, because thats my middle name..i knew i was gonna be a single mom, so i wanted to name her after me..lol.. :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My son's middle name is for my brother who passed away.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My oldest, Natasha Kailey-Nichole, I just liked the names... my second, Jeremy Tyler-Lee, his middle names are from his uncle and dad... and my youngest, Hailey Cora-Leona, her middle names are my grandmother's first names.

I had a hard time with names, couldn't choose what I liked... so they all ended up with three names lol :D
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 7:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• 1st Son ~ Paul Michael because we named him after his dad (he was 3 weeks early and we didn't have name)
    2nd Son ~ Joseph Aston because I wanted a Joey (I'm Italian) and the Ashton was because I loved the character Ned Ashton on General Hospital, which I spend my days watching while I was preggers and taking care of the first one.
    3rd Son ~ Mason Alexander because all the men in my family are bricklayers (Masonry) and the Alexander was my GGGrandfathers name.

I have a whole slew of great Italian names in my family, but none of them really worked out because my married name is German with a silent P and they sounded horrible...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2010