Mirena IUD Removal Symptoms

What did you experience after IUD removal?

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 7:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I have no experience with the Mirena but I had the Paraguard removed this Spring after having it for 10 years. I had no pain or discomfort from the removal. I had no problems at all until they put me on the pill. I was deathly sick for 6 days from the hormones. You may experience a little bleeding though. I'm not sure if I did because it was that time of the month any way.

You shouldn't worry if you are having an IUD removed. If it's done right it really isn't bothersome at all.

Good Luck
    michelle5971

Answer by michelle5971 at 7:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Haha, mine is embedded in my uterus and after an outpatient surgery to "try" to remove it they need to go in and do a full blown "c-section" like surgery to get the little F***er out of me!!! Ya, I'm not so pleased with mine!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:57 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I started my period the nest day, i got a little crampy but that was it!
    Zoeysmom09

Answer by Zoeysmom09 at 8:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• @ kjbennett26.. I feel ya there!
    I go in on Thursday to have surgery to have mine removed from my abdominal cavity, it perforated my uterine wall and is apparently been taking a field trip all over my insides,
    Armygrl1

Answer by Armygrl1 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• How did you know that it had perforated your uterine wall? I also have the Mirena. I so far have not had any issues with it, but I was just wondering what to look out for.
    koyanddagansmom

Answer by koyanddagansmom at 10:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2010