Wondering what is the earliest someone's baby crawled out of the crib.

My 10 month old is going to be my climber, I see that already. He can get up on the couch. He got up onto a bed yesterday, that was to my amazement. He has been going up the entire set of steps for 2 months now. Just a few minutes ago he was up a 2 ladder step stool thing in about 3 seconds. My first never was like this so young, but of course he has his big brother to chase. Concerns me when we should worry about him going over the edge of the crib!

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 8:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• We switched my daughter to a toddler bed at 14 months old. Because she was getting to the point of crawling out of her crib.
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Youngest I personally heard was 15 months. My DD was about 20 months when she did. My boys never attempted to climb. You can always get a crib tent of you like. You just have to make sure it's compatible with the crib you have.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My nephew did it because his mother left in the crib all the time so, he learned to crawl out at 18 months. My children have never tried to climb out an one was in a crib until 3.5 years old.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010