about multiples in school...

i am pretty curious as to why a school would have a blanket policy regarding splitting up multiples? does anyone know?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think that is just sick. I went to school with sisters that where 8 months apart and they where always kept together but the twins in our class where split apart. I find it horrible that we push siblings to be close but the second you put the word twin in there you have to push them to be separate. What about just letting them be who they want to be and developing a relationship with their siblings in a way that makes them happy?

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• to socialize the kids more I think. They spend enough time together at home, gives them time apart in school.

they kept me and my brother who failed a grade split up too.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 8:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• This policy is usually no longer implemented, it was once done, questions such as whether the twins' "togetherness" might hinder the social development of one or both is usually looked at, depending on the multiples personalities.

Answer by older at 9:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I really enjoyed the break from my brother. It's really not great to be with someone 24/7

thought of another reason - identical twins (I know it doesn't apply to you) but they could really confuse a teacher LOL
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My girls are id girls and I will not let them be split up in school. The more social of the 2 would not talk to a singe person if she does not know where her sister is. The other one would hide in a cornor if her sister did not force her to talk to people. I think it can be good and when they get older I may be all for spliting them up, but right now it would be counter productive. I really think it should be looked at on a case by case basis some do better together and others are better split.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Oh and yes I realize that most pregnacies last 9 months but their mom normally gave birth around 6 1/2 - 7 months trust we asked a lot of questions of the two of them about it when we where younger and still figuring it out.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• do you think it was a good thing or a bad thing that you and your brother split up? i have boy girl twins, and i don't see them at all sticking to one another and not socializing at school. they do not always play together at the childcare center at the gym or church.
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 9:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i didn't think about that with the identicals! that is funny!
    i had identicals in preschool, they had different haircuts. they were fun. they switched "dominant" roles when they started school too.
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 9:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i think case by case is wise too! did you know there are actual laws to split twins up in school?
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2010