Do you trust hubby to take kids school clothes shopping alone?

This weekend I was out of town but hubby was excited to buy the boys (ages 6,8,13) school clothes. Normally I would NEVER let him pick out the wardrobe -scary thought- but since he was so excited I agreed to let him do it. I was surprised! He actually got everything I would have. Guess only he is a victim of his fashion nightmare-ish tendencies.

Orionsgirl

Asked by Orionsgirl at 9:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What a relief for you! Sounds like he did a good job. It is a little scary sometimes for us to hand over responsibilities to the hubbs. Now you can relax!!! If my SO picks out school clothes, I would like it, but I would have my phone ready by my side every second he was gone.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 9:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• rolling on floor cafemom really needs to do a sweet pea for laughing so hard I peed. I don't trust my hubby to go to the grocery store & get the right brand of milk, even if I send him w/ a list that specifically has the brand written on it!

Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am glad that his shopping turned out successfully. I wouldn't trust my husband to pick out good clothes for the children, even if I told him what to look for. He would be willing, just not having much of a clue.

Answer by Bmat at 9:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Oh good lord no!!! He would come home with size 3 for my size 5 dd and size 10 for my size 7 son...hahahaha!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• hahaha...AND No not for our daughter...
    SunShineMoMM

Answer by SunShineMoMM at 9:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If it was for my boy then yes I probably would. BUT... I would have to school him on sizes first! lol... He sucks at determining sizes. Poor guy. For the girls? NO WAY! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:11 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• heck no! i don't trust him to buy his own clothes..he does, but i figure he's the one who has to wear them. my dh wouldn't have a clue what size the ds wears; besides that, if i said, 'he needs pants/shirts.', dh would come home with one pair of pants (God only know what size/style it would be) and one shirt (probably a polo, even though he knows our 5yo hates buttons!), and call it a day!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• For my son yes for my daughter no!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 9:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• His actions this weekend as a whole surprised me. I was expecting to come home to the leaning tower of Pisa made of dishes and the house a wreck but....wasn't so! He cleaned and vacuumed and went grocery shopping (bought the wrong type of milk but whatever). He proved he can take care of the kids & house...too bad he doesn't lift a finger when I'm home though!
    Orionsgirl

Comment by Orionsgirl (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Good for your guy!

Normally I would not have my husband go, but now my child has a easy uniform, so it shouldn't be hard to follow. Khaki or navy pants, red, navy, or white polo. But they are really strict as to the exact type of clothing... so now that I think about it... maybe I wouldn't let him go.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2010