Would it be lame for me to...

My daughter's pre-k class has a "class mom" every year to help the teacher get field trips and parties organized. The class mom gets in touch with all the parents and informs them of the needs for the parties and such.
I have offered to be the "class mom" this year and thought I would send a letter to all the parents saying hello, introducing myself and giving them my contact information as they will be entrusting me with theirs.
Would you think that was lame if you received a letter like that from me?
I thought about putting my picture on it, telling them a little about myself and including my contact information as well. :)

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 9:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I think that's a GREAT idea. I hate when I don't know anything about the class parent(s) and therefore have no involvement in any of the activities. The more you know the other parents and make yourself available to them, the more cooperation you will get when planning things for the class. Go for it!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's a little corny, but I'd really like that. The contact information is a must—you really must send that out to all the parents.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Heck no, I'll be cool with get a letter like that from the class mom. Its very thoughful.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It sounds like a good idea to me if you are the class mom for the whole year. Run it by the teacher first. Have fun!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i think it is a great idea. also, you might want to state your daughter's name as well. many moms are known as jane's mom any how!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think it's a great idea.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think it sounds like a friendly , warm hello on your part.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I like it! I know for me, I would appreciate that as a fellow parent in the classroom. It creates a warm and friendly environment for communication and opens things up so that everyone feels comfortable. A picture helps too so that people can put the name to the face! Sounds great to me :-)
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks happy! Lol, I may put something silly like "Hi there! My name is Jessica a.k.a. Angel's mommy"
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 9:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2010