what can i do for mosquito bite?

my son got some mosquito bites and he i very itchy. i already put the benadryl lotion the doctor gave me for his peanut alergy. she said it works on them to ut his still very itchy im scare its goign to get infected if he keeps scratching

Alejandra10

Asked by Alejandra10 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Put some ice on the bite. It cuts the swelling and takes away the itch. I should know, I have bites all over from just taking out the trash!
    The ice cools the spot, and takes away the itch after only a couple minutes. I've used this on myself for a long time and on my daughter since she was a baby.
    Just make sure to put a wet cloth between the ice bag (or Popsicle or whatever) and the skin. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You can make a paste with some baking soda and water and dab that on, just a bit.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• try an oatmeal bath. I know that dead sea salt baths work for me to, but thats not proven in anyone else.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The others have great ideas, but what I found works best for my daughter is witch hazel and it is cheap.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• rub some toothpaste on it

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010