My daddy had a massive heat attack.....please pray?

My daddy is 67 years old. Six months ago the doctors told him his heart was 'strong as an ox'..... I don't know what to think... he had a massive heart attack today. He has 95% blockage in all but one artery and the one that isn't blocked collapsed. He's in CCU, a thousand miles away from me, and is scheduled for quadruple bypass at 6:00 AM... the doctors say that he's extremely, extremely weak and they are poised for an emergency surgery in the night, if he takes a turn... I"m leaving at 2 am to try to get there. It's a 14 hour drive. Please, if you pray, will you pray for him...his name is Jim.

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 12:06 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• UPDATE: My daddy went through quadruple bypass this morning..... Thank you to all who prayed for him.... His surgery went so well that it was done in less time than expected, he lost very little blood.... As of right now (12:03PM) he has already been taken off the ventilator, and they have already sat him up for the first time..... only hours after the surgery.... He's doing well ladies.... Thank you all soooooooo much for your prayers. I love you all.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• of course!!!! tell him kelsey has him in her prayers!!!! :) dont worry god will take care of him... and while your driving there, i know youll be ancy sp? and cant wait to get there to see him but PLEASE drive carefully!! okay? :) good luck
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:10 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Praying for him, and traveling mercies for you.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I never pray.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Oh no! I know how scary that is. Praying!

(Anon, how rude! Really is that hard to keep your comments to yourself or just offer "good thoughts". Holy Crap, freak'n heartless)
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 12:28 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• My prayers and best wishes for your dad. My dad is the same age and had a stroke a few years ago. I know how scary that is to go through.
    3kidz4me

Answer by 3kidz4me at 12:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• anon--this post is not about you. stop trying to make it into that. this is serious to someone. she asked IF YOU PRAY, WILL YOU? she didnt ask if you dont pray, let me know. if you dont pray, that is your business. this post is not for your opinion on God or women, or your view of yourself. please be respectful in that sense..thank you...
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 1:44 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Your father is in my prayers for healing and recovery. I am also praying for you as you travel and that you will have peace and strength.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Honey, I will certainly pray for you and your Daddy. My dad suffered a massive coronary, and had to have a quintuple bypass in 2001...and he is alive and well today. Since then, my mom has also had the same surgery, and hers was even better because of the advances they've made. My point to tell you this is to be positive...this is something our surgeons have gotten very good at in this country, and there is every reason to believe he will come through it with flying colors.

You are in my prayers, and please ignore the (not surprisingly) anonymous ASS that responded.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• He is in my prayers.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 9:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008