long last dad

so after 30 years of being apart i ment up with my bio dad. i havent seen him since i was 1. at first it was awesome. we talked every day. we ment up in may. since may ihave only seen him three times. our talking has be come less and less. he tells me over and over again how family is so important to him but im kinding of thinking his new family is important. he has been married for ten years and they have two children together. i guess i thought when we ment we'd have like a get together, dinner or whatever. i thought id meet his sisters, my aunts. none of hat has happen. i just thought things would be different. i realized that he has never asked me about me, what i have been through or done with myself. i have asked all about his past, schooling, jobs, places he has lived or traveled too. am i beening to selfish? have i been expecting to much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• The fact that you haven't seen him since you were 1 probably speaks volumes. You are not being selfish in any way, he is the one that is being selfish. I don't know what you should do, but I wish you all the best:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• have you told him what you have told us...like you wanting to meet your Aunts and other extended family? that you thought there would be reunions and dinners? ask him how come he hasn't asked you about your past....
    I think you should really sit down with him and have a heart to heart he may not want more than a superficial relationship with you...he may want more you never know until you ask him what he wants out of all of thins G/L
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• no your not asking for to much cause you havent seened you dad for a long time but he should want to spend more time with you & you should meet your aunts & your other siblings but just tell him how you feel but is( HE REALLY YOUR BIODAD )
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010