Was the glucose screening test awful? I have to take it in a week or two...

elizabiza

Asked by elizabiza at 9:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it taste like really bad juice there was one other female with me and when she took it she threw up i didnt so it depends on you
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not awful but very sweet and boring.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not sure why everyone complains about it.... I've had 3 pregnancies and don't remember that test being awful at all.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The normal one,no. Having your level be on the border and having to be poked 4 times does!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I didn't think so. The only awful thing was having to sit in the office waiting room for the whole time. I was brought a very sweet tasting orange soda type drink. From then on, until Kyra was born, I wanted orange soda. I didn't even like it much until then. :-)
    It was just drinking it then waiting in the waiting room for about an hour then having some blood drawn. Not bad.
    Hope I am thinking of the right thing here! If I'm not, just ignore me. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I did not think it was really that bad. The worst part about it is waitting the hour after drinking it to get the blood work done.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 9:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No big deal. I thought the worst thing about it was having to sit in the uncomfortable chairs at the OB's office while I waited for an hour.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not at all. The stuff tasted like diluted orange soda.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The test wasn't bad. I passed out when I was pregnant with my first child..hit my head on the floor, got a mild concussion and had to spend the night in the hospital. I didn't even feel bad until I stood up..things just sort of went black! I did have problems with my blood sugar being too low during the first pregnancy, they felt like this was what caused me to pass out. I was fine with my second pregnancy.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My drink tasted like a flat 7-up. It was nasty and I could barly get it down. Thank God I passed all three times! To this day, I can not drink anything that even comes close to tasting like that...gag!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010