I am ready to get this little boy out!

Ok ladies, I know he will come when he is ready, but what can I do to help him be ready? I live in OKC and its 100+ everyday and he is due next friday. I do not want any castrol oil or anything like that but all suggestions are great. Thanks ladies

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 10:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There really isn't anything you can do that will actually make him come. I do have a cousin who swears by the castor oil. She pick the day and drinks it and with in 24 hours she has a baby. The only thing that will work is patience and to be calm and he will come when he comes. I had MANY people tell me this and I was so frustrated. All of my efforts were futile b/c she came when she came which just happened to be her due date. GL
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• sex, pineapple, parsley water, and more sex
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• With it being that hot outside I would go for walks in the early morning or late evening when the sun goes down and it's a little cooler outside. Or even better, we have a pool (or go to local pool, ymca or somewhere) and just swim around. It's relaxing and can help with getting the baby to come on out.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Of course he's not going to come out immediately, everything takes time. Just have patience and he'll be here before you know it.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 10:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Just because you use something that may make your cervix soften and your body contract and make him come out, doesn't mean his body was ready. When he is ready and his lungs are developed, he will release a hormone that triggers labor to start. Meaning, that he is ready and so is your cervix.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I'm with you, we are also trying to get our little guy out! We've tried Castor oil, twice and it made me constipated!, sex, walks, swinging, Balsamic vinegar, which did give me contractions but they stopped, Pineapple, etc. Nothing worked.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't have any suggestions on getting labor started. But if you keep yourself active and moving around, you'll help the baby get in the proper position and delivery will be faster. This means delaying drugs as long as you can when you are in labor so you can walk around.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• sex sex and more sex i have heard of pinapple and spicy food egg plant parmasian thats all i got lol google it see what all you can find good luck mama!!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 10:33 AM on Aug. 9, 2010