Weird Things happening to Me....

Ok. This is weird and personal but need some advice. Since the middle of july my boobs have been able to leak if i squeeze my nipple. One day after I got out of the shower I noticed it looked like something was one one so as i tried to get it off i squeezed and out came what looked to be what came out when I breastfed. (She is now 2 and I stopped breastfeeding at 3 months.) I tried the other side and same thing happened. I went to the doctor and they did test to make sure I was not pregant and also checked my prolactin level. Both were normal. It doesn't leak enought to wear padding or anything. The doctor said that he didn't feel like it would be cancer since it was with both sides. Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Health

• My mom's best friend is 45 and hasn't breastfed in 13 years...her nipples still leak.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Great something to look forward to. LOL!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• I would see an Endocrinologist because they specialize in hormonal problems. You already had your prolactin checked but there are other hormone levels that can be checked to make sure everything is normal. I've heard of things like that happening and it 's nothing serious but at least you'll have peace of mind after you have the testing done.
    3kidz4me

Answer by 3kidz4me at 12:35 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• it happened to me when i was using hormonal b/c. Are you on a pill of any sort?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:00 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• No, Im not on any meds
    Anonymous

• I was on a med called reglan and this happened to me before I ever even got pregnant but my hormone levels were normal so they said it wasn't the drug.

The doc said I know they hurt and squeezing them makes them feel better but you have to stop, its like if you stop breastfeeding/stimulating them, you will stop lactating and dry up. It worked and I didn't have the problem again? So that's all I have for you, don't squeeze them and try not to lay on your stomach when you sleep so you won't push against them and leak... they should dry up.

The only things I remember them asking about/checking were prolactin levels, thyroid, what birth controls I had used in the past. The doc did an ultrasound too to rule out breast cancer, my breasts are dense and she couldn't determine whether there were lumps with a physical exam or mamogram so its fine that you didn't have an ultrasound too

Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• oh and There is actually a psychological disorder too where women wanting/hoping to be pregnant have ALL the symptoms of pregnancy including lactation.. can't think of the name though at the moment. I don't think that is your problem just thought that was really interesting that the mind can convince the body to that extent
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008