Why is it....

Why is it no one can make choices for themselves? I am so tired of seeing "name my baby" or "1st b-day party ideas" or "when should I get married" Where should we go on vacation".....

Why does it matter to you what 1,000 strangers think you should or shouln't name your baby? Did you come and ask our opinion before you got preggo? NO...then Name you own dang kid. It is YOUR baby, not mine or anyone elses and what you choose to name it is totally up to YOU!!!!

Stop being so dang wishy-washy and take control of your own life and learn to make your own decisions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• right on...
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 10:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• People are generally looking for ideas and input, not for someone to make the decision for them. They're looking at options, weighing pros and cons, and are interested in making good sound decisions.

Stop being so judgmental.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Why is it that some people can't own their own opinions and feel the need to hide behind the ability to be anonymous?

Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 10:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well, this is the Answer section:) Some people just like to get unbiased opinions and suggestions from others.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• First of all, I asked yesterday for 1st birthday party ideas. Not because I can't decide for myself or because I'm "wishy-washy". I was simply looking for ideas on things that I may not have thought of. In the end, it will be my decision, and I don't care what anyone on this site thinks, including you Anon. Just for the record though, just bc I asked for ideas for themes doesn't mean I haven't taken control of my own life. For you to say so is ignorant. Thanks! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think people are just looking for ideas and opinions. Not telling people to actually make the decision for them.

what got you in such a bad mood today? good grief! If the questions annoy you, you know you don't have to come to the answers section - or you could just go to categories you like. You don't have to read all the questions.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If it really bothers you dont come to this area or any other area of Cafemom questions are everywhere... Some people want to talk and discuss other ideas....skip em and dont get worked up about it life is to short to be pissed or mad or whatever attitude about things we have no control over... Just sayin...
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Gaccck -
    Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Too funny - and too true!
    snivic

Answer by snivic at 10:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Gaccck so true and I agree with you Loving :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• some people just want others opinions. because maybe to them it sounds nice but others think or hear something different! they are gonna do what they want anyways but just want someones opinion. and as far as vacation goes if they havent been far away before and you have they want some input. Like would love to go to Bora Bora but have never been there and if was thinking of going away and asked somone said they LOVED it there maybe that would make my mind up. and birthday ideas if they never grew up with kids they might not have the first clue on ideas for kids. I just asked what to get my 2 year old for chirstmas because i need idea...does that mean i cant make decisions for myself? NO i can i just need some ideas! dont answer those questions if you thinks people shouldnt ask them!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010