what kind of things do you do for your SO's birthday? would he rather spend it with you or his friends?

im trying to figure out what to do. today is my boyfriends birthday, im completely broke so i cant buy anything nice for him, he also doesnt eat very much so theres no use in me cooking a meal for him either. we all went out and hung out around the mall yesterday and spent the day together, and today i was gonna surprise him and lets all drive to the lake at the state park and pack a lunch and all, but he says he wants to hang out with his buddies instead. so im trying not to be offended! i just dont know what else to do now since my plans arent going to happen. and i only have about an hour before he comes home!!

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 10:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• It his birthday why not let him spend it how he wants? My DH and I just go out to dinner with the kids and my mom for his birthday or my own for that matter.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We always get together with the children and grandchildren for my husband's birthday. I can't imagine that he would ever want to spend it with anyone else other than family.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well i would either make up a picnic depending on weather of course and go somewhere just the two of you or just stay in .. get a movie or one u own and set the mood .. it his bday after all lol
    san78

Answer by san78 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We usually go out to eat as a family at the restaurant of his choice for his bday, and we give him small gifts (we don't do BIG birthdays), and then he and I spend some time together after the kids go to bed doing whatever he wants. Sometimes on the weekend he and I will get together with some friends of ours, but he very rarely goes out with his friends without me ever, much less on his birthday!

Answer by missanc at 10:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Usually I cook a nice meal and buy a fancy bakery cake for my hubs birthday. If his birthday is on the weekend, then I might treat him to lunch or supper out instead. (it is hard to go out for supper during the week due to work schedules).
    For your guy it would have been a good idea to ask him a day or so before the birthday 'so what do you want to do on your birthday? I was thinking of.......(fill in blank)". Then you would have known ahead of time he wanted to spend time with friends and could have adjusted your plans. Depending on what time he gets home you could still do a picnic- maybe make it a romantic watch the sun set picnic instead of a lunch picnic.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i did ask yesterday and the day before what he wanted to do but he said he didnt know and it didnt matter, then when i ask him to bring home a foam cooler, he says that he was thinking of just hanging out with friends.....
    secondtyme520

Comment by secondtyme520 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I usually either cook a nice dinner or we go out to eat at a really nice place make a cake, and give him sex,my dh wouldn't do that he knows how special I think birthdays and holidays are so he would never make plans like that he might do something on a weekend but not on the actual day.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My DH would rather spend it with us
    jaysmommy04

Answer by jaysmommy04 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We usually go out to dinner and a movie. He usually spend his birthday with us.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Dress sexy and suprise him with birthday sex :P Then he can go spend some time with his buddies.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2010