What should I do now?

I thought my man was cheating but had no proof until this happend : he called me at 4:00am saying he had to go to Corpus for a meeting. I understand that he needed to go but had already gone the past two fridays. He has never gone to Corpus so much on Fridays, I asked why if you already went twice, he says, "no I didn't, I only went once!!!!" I said no you went twice I have it written down, he says in an impatient voice "I don't know I just have to go." so I hung up on him. We didn't talk all day, he called in the middle of the night drunk saying horrible things: did you have a good time tonight (assumes i went out I was sick at home) I tell him I know you lied about going to Corpus, he says that I was sleeping with one of the guys from his work because I knew he lied. I was only guessing. I love this guy, like really love this guy, I feel miserable without him but what do I do now?

luciousK81

Asked by luciousK81 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• idk honey .. maybe try talking to him face to face
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• You'll never be fully happy if he doesn't love you the same. You need someone who respects you and loves you as much as you do. It does sound like he's cheating just from what you wrote. Usually if he's cheating on you than he'll accuse you of cheating on him. I would "try" to talk to him if you want it to work but those are definite signs.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• ask him to take a lie detector test to see if he's cheating if he refuses you already no he is
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• Check his phone. That's what I'd do. Maybe shadow him on Friday evenings? If he's innocent, you'll see it and you can make it up to him. If he's creeping, at least you'll know the truth! Good luck!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• hey girl the best thing to do is, getting cell phone bill looking at all his incoming call and outgoing calls. see if his stories add up or not. then you will know more. just don't say anything to him until you know more. If he is cheating on you he won't tell you if you ask. just common sense he dosn't want you finding out sounds like he already leaving you hints he really not going to Corpus, and if was why would he be calling you at 4am telling you? he should be at home talking to you about it. just keep records and keep tabs on his calls then you will fine out more. good luck
    coolmom2805

Answer by coolmom2805 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• About a year ago I went through sort of the same thing. Except my husband did not keep the fact from me that he had a friend. For a while he would just say that they were just that. He just kept saying that nothing was happening. But not too long after he asked for a divorce because he was so unhappy. Well I wasn't going to just let him walk out of our lives without trying to make it work. I don't believe in broken homes. I told him that I can't believe he would give up 17 years of marriage and all that we worked for just because he wasn't happy. So I started going to counseling and made sure he knew. My counselor helped me out a lot. Finally, he started going too. Now we are back in love more that ever and I do believe that is the way it will stay. We both had to change to make it work though. If one doesn't want to it won't. So I say good luck.
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 4:52 AM on Oct. 6, 2008

• If you're in a relationship with a man, why should you go and check his phone records or anything else for that matter to see if he's cheating or has cheated on you? You deserve to be in a healthy, loving relationship. You don't deserve to get jerked around by a man who clearly hasn't put your feeling first.

Find out what makes you happy and if he's not living up to that, then it may be time for you to leave the relationship until he's mature enough to love a woman like you.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:46 PM on Oct. 6, 2008