Anyone take Concerta for ADD?

I started taking today, just curious to know how it has helped/not helped others?

beastie_bchick

Asked by beastie_bchick at 10:57 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• We tried it for my son, but it actually made him hypomanic, so we discontinued it after only a week.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 11:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• My son took it for a couple years and I hated it. He was unable to gain weight and he seemed more depressed than he was when he started. Then there were times when he lashed out for no reason. He has ADHD and ODD but we got a new med and hes smooth sailing. Just be careful though every child is different.
    apiegurl

Answer by apiegurl at 11:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I tried it... it made me too angry to continue it while my son is little.. it wasn't fair to anyone around ,me
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Nothing possitive? My goodness. And I'd like to hear about adults who take it only, thanks :)
    beastie_bchick

Comment by beastie_bchick (original poster) at 2:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2010