Are You Thankful For Your Challenges in Life?

The only way humans grow as conscious beings is by facing problems and challenges and learning from them. Without our challenges we become stagnate and run the risk of becoming apathetic in life.

Take a moment and share what challenges you are faced with today that will make you a better person tomorrow.

I am thankful for the challenge of learning financial accountability. Without enough financial resources (where we're at now), we are being forced to learn to live with things we only need and not be as materialistic.

Cassarah

Asked by Cassarah at 10:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I am thankful to be able to read what others go through. Gives me a better perspective to get over myself and realize there's alot of amazing mommies that have been through alot.

I was going to say my challenge is ..........We're almost losing everything right now due to the economy. But what's wierd is that's not the main challenge. What is....... While most around us either worked a 9-5 job or didn't work at all, we were attempting to be a small business. For the last 10 years we've worked hard. Bidding jobs into the night. working weekends. Always Working. While we watched everyone have lots of family time, vacations, some of them getting plenty of freebies and seemingly living a stress free life. But we kept telling ourself our work will be worth it.
    Now we are scrambling, and thinking should we have just relied on the system?

My challenge-Don't be bitter. Focus on us not others & their help.
    thelowlander

Answer by thelowlander at 11:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Being thankful for my challenges is pretty much how I get through life daily ! nice to meet someone who has the same perspective.....! I have three children with Fragile-X Syndrome and Autism....every day is a challenge...every day brings a lesson and dteaching, well learned...!
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• So far, all of our challenges have turned into something better later on, so yeah I'm thankful for them because I look forward to when things start to look up.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes i am i knwo that all the things i have gon through have changed me and made me grow up i was a teen mom and i changed a lot now i look back at how i was a couple years ago and just laugh at myself i mean when your a teen you think the whole world is your now that i have kids i knwo some day they will feel the same way and the only way they will relly learn allthe thigns is by going through them. i know that everythign i have gon through has made me stronger and the person i am now
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Sure, not always in the moment though. Our challenges shape our lives and how we live it. How could I not be thankful?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am thankful we were poor, my son had cancer and went into remission, thankful I learned after twenty something years my mom was never going to change and waiting for someone to say she loved me was never going to happen.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i am thankful for my challenges as well, it makes the rewards and the accomplishments so great!!!!
    i watch my dh struggle still...he really resents his challenges and finds them unfair.
    moms, it is crucial to not overindulge our children!!! it makes being a mom fun, but i think it makes life harder for those children when they become adults!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• They make us better. In the past few years I have learned to do without. I know the difference between a need and a want, a necessity and a luxury. Things we took for granted as a necessity, were discovered to be a luxury. I've learned that you can survive in the world without cell phones, newspapers, magazines, vacations and a closets full of clothes. I discovered I'm green because I am frugal, so everyone wins. I discovered all the things from my childhood ~ the gardening, the canning, the knitting, the crocheting, the sewing, baking bread, the making everything from scratch ~ that mom my did when things were tough prepared me for when things became really bad. What I haven't learned is how to make my teenage boys understand that we are not punishing them because they don't have what all the other kids have.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes! I am thankful that we don't have everything we "want" or feel we "need" all the time...because it teaches us to live within our means and be greatfull for what we do have. Also for a son ADHD/Aspergers and a daughter with developmental delays...even though I wish I could change my circumstance at times and wish things were different...I am shown over and over again that I need to be thankful for the children I have received and get over the "I wish I had what was normal" feeling..and learn to love my children no matter what challenges they come with. Normal is overrated...and because of their challenges..you appreciate their efforts to progress, make milestones, and be kind and listen, all so much more because you know much they struggle!
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 11:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Wonderful things to be thankful for!
    I am going through a similar challange (learning to not be bitter). My husband's exwife and her partner do nothing but sit at home all day and live off of my husband's child support he pays. They smoke and do drugs and get free housing and food and money. We work our butts off but don't make enough to support ourselves but we make too much to get assistance. We just lost state insurance for our whole family and can't afford to pay for it. I'm still working on not being bitter and focusing on bringing myself up so that state aid isn't a need or a want. It's a long hard road but when all is said and done it will be worth it.
    Cassarah

Comment by Cassarah (original poster) at 12:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2010