what is your reaction when...

...you read a post, and see words like "Dang"?

I must admit, especially since I live in the south, that my first reaction is that they're a redneck. Nothing wrong with that- some of my best friends are very "country", but it leaves me wondering if it is simply common language, or if they simply do not have the vocabulary necessary to describe their emotions.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 11:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oooooh lol

when i see the word dang i think o oh another american phrase that i dont understand LOL
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• When I see "dang" I think they're substituting it for "damn" so no one gets mad at them for cussing. :-)
    I live in KY and there are a lot of country sounding people around here. I hear "dang" almost daily from kids or people who don't like swearing.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:01 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i agree with the cuss word substitution theory :) haha
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Hell... if you're not going to cuss right, you shouldn't be fucking cussing, Damn it.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't have a reaction. I think most people go through phases of saying some catch phrase or word. Like teenagers saying 'like' with everything. I did that until I had a teacher ask every kid in class repeatedly when they would respond with 'like', she would say, 'if it's like that, then what is it really?'. Sort of put more perspective on it. I started using it less.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• ROFLMAO... When I see it I think that the peep writing has much more control than me...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think they're substituting it for "damn". I don't really associate it with any particular region. I've known people from all over the country who used the word. Gosh dang it, Obby. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think "Dang" IS a way of expression emotion just like "Damn" plus I agree with the substitution cuss word thing.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2010