Ultrasound

Im 38 weeks and 2 days, my last ultra sound was in May> Don't you usually get a u/s closer towards the end to see how much the baby weighs for a general idea??

Mandalxl

Asked by Mandalxl at 11:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no, most drs only do one ultrasound at 20 weeks to check on growth and to see the gender if you want to know.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i had one at 6 weeks to determine there was a fetus (high risk and history of miscarriage) 20 weeks and one at 32 due to complications.. thats it
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Not unless they think the baby is growing too much. I had one with my daughter because I had gestational diabetes (which is known to make a baby larger) but with my boys I didn't.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No. I only had one at the very end right before my c-section surgery to see placement. If they tell you a weight, it is just an estimate. They told me my daughter was very small and she was 9 pounds!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• usually only if its a hgh risk pregnancy or if they think your baby is to big or to small. in my first pregnancy from the point when i was 7 months ( i went into preterm labor) all the way to 39 weeks i had an ultrasound done every monday. with my second i got one ultrasound at about 36 weeks tosee how big the baby was because they thoguh he was on the small side. but usually on a regular normal pregnancy they will only do 1 ultrasound tops maybe 2 if they do one in the beggining to find out if you are pregnant
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• When I was pregnant with # 1 and #2, they just did the 1 ultrasound at that was somewhere between week 16 and 20. With #3 I had the regular ultrasound and then I had 1 with the nuckofold (sp??) screening and I had 2 more- they did amniocentesis twice.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well with this pregnancy so far i've had about 4 or 5 ultrasounds. Which back in may they told me that she weighed about 2 1/2 lbs and when i saw my doctor last wednesday she said roughly she weighs about 7 lbs. I just hope that if thats the case she doesn't get to much bigger, of course i want her to be healthy. The last one they did they scheduled because they thought something was wrong because i was measuring alot bigger then what i was but it came back normal. I think i just want to see her one more time before she gets here. which i hope is real soon!! ha
    Mandalxl

Comment by Mandalxl (original poster) at 11:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2010