i took a pregnancy test this morning an it was negative my cycle is due today since it was negative i don't think i am pregnant cause if i was i would have gotten a positive by now correct?

sexylady35

Asked by sexylady35 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Most likely it would be positive already but if your period is late then wait a few days and take another test.
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 11:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• You could be pregnant and have a neg test. The test isn't perfect. Your urine could be too dilute. You could have ovulated late. One in four women don't do the test right. There could be other reasons.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• well i think you have to wait a little longer with my first son we were tryign to get pregnant and i waited about 1 week after my period was supose to come and i went to the doctor they told me i wasnt pregnanct that i only had a uti. well i was almost sure i wasnt pregnant since the test came out negative. so i waited and waited and myperiod never came so i waited about 3 more weeks and then went to the store and bought a pregnancy test and thats the one that came out positive. i was so happy. but yeah i think you can wait another week and just see if yout period comes if not that you should go ahead and take another test just to be on the safe side
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Maybe, maybe not. I've always heard for the test to be accurate you should be at least 10 days or so late.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• to get a true positive your hormonal level nees to be at 1000. it doesnt mean you are not pregnant now. i have a false negative before, and i have three year old to prove it! best of luck
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I know it is hard to hear but wait a while longer like two weeks.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Every cycle (even of the same woman) is different so it can't be "due". You could've just ovulated a little late making your period late.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 2:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2010