Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

Should I go to the hospital?

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant with my first baby and around 4am I got up to use the bathroom, and on the way back to my bed I blacked out. I recovered relatively quickly. Now it's 11 and I nearly blacked out again a few minutes ago, and now I'm feeling rather nauseous. When it happened I became very hot all of a sudden and sweaty and the room felt like it was spinning. I'm worried and was wondering if anyone else ever had this problem and if you think I should be going to the emergency room?

Answer Question

Asked by bchic24 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Health

Level 4 (46 Credits)
Answers (12)
  • YES!!!! Go to the ER ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Answer by mrsjksimmons at 11:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Yes for sure. And have someone else drive you or go by ambulance, do not drive yourself. Ambulance would actually be best.

    Answer by Bmat at 11:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • drink more water! lots of water. sounds like you are just dehydrated, which can cause a drop in blood pressure which is what causes the blacking out.

    if it gets real bad though, you can go in and they'll give you an IV to hydrate you quicker

    Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Yes, sounds as if you may be having sugar or blood presure issues. Go NOw and have someone else drive you. If ever in doubt go ASAP. Also call your doctor and tell them what is going on, they may bring you in there to make your viist quicker and more personal.

    Good luck!

    Answer by Memigen at 11:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Please call 911 right now and get an ambulance. It is better to be cautious and find out exactly what is wrong than to wait and hope it will go away. If you still don't want to call an ambulance, call a doctor or nurse hot line.

    Answer by Bmat at 11:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • yes i think you should go this could be your blood presure and thats not good. you shoudl call your doctor and see if you should go to the hospital or if he has an opening like right now when you call. if he doesnt then just go to the hospital and tell them what you feel make sure you dont drive yourself there get someone to take you ro call an ambulnce

    Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • why don't you call your dr. first?

    Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • I agree that it sounds like a problem with your blood pressure. I'd go for sure. Either have someone drive you or call an ambulance or cab, but do not drive yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

    Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • yes call the doctors office and ask them if they want to see you for this. I had this with my first 2 DD's - not sure what for though. I was VERY hydrated!!!! drank galons of water a day!!! it could be a blood sugar issue. mine was more when I was standing or in a warm shower or getting too warm. Not sure what caused it.

    Answer by hotrodmomma at 11:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

  • Thanks ladies I'm going to have my sister take me now. Unfortunately I currently don't have a doctor due to some issues. Otherwise I would just call but I am heading out now. Thanks for all of your replies!!

    Comment by bchic24 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.