What is the rate of pregnancy with an IUD?

I can't get the search page to load and I was wondering what the pregnancy rate for the Mirena IUD was. I know I probably am not but I can't help but think about it when I have gained a few pounds lately and am having food cravings. LOL I am probably just crazy.

mrsjksimmons

Asked by mrsjksimmons at 11:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• 12-month pregnancy rates were less than or equal to 0.2 per 100 women (0.2%) and the cumulative 5-year pregnancy rate was approximately 0.7 per 100 women (0.7%).

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have an IUD and was wondering the same thing. I was loosing weight like crazy and happy about that and then I gained a couple back and have had some food cravings. I'm like wth?
    candipandi

Answer by candipandi at 11:38 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i actually went to the ob with this question and they told me it was somewhat normal for the woman on merina because of the level of hormones being directly inserted to "the womanly areas". it doesgo away but it can happen around the time you ovulate.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well, never doubt your body, if you don't fell right, GET A TEST! I am currently 9 weeks pregnant and had a mirena iud for almost a year prior. If you do become pregnant, and I believe its like 1 in 750 women do , you need to know early to prevent complication to you and the baby, that my warning , good luck!
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks ladies. I have gained a couple of pounds in the last month or so and I am craving ice cream like none other. I have been nauseaus (sp?) really bad the last couple of weeks. I just feel sick to my stomach and I about puked when I opened up the tortilla package today. LOL Like I said, I am probably crazy but I just wanted to ask.
    mrsjksimmons

Comment by mrsjksimmons (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Aug. 10, 2010