I asked a question earlier and this is based off this, totally hypothetical...

I asked if your 12 year old Dd wound up pregnant, if she refused to abort/adopt the baby out, would you wonder if she got pregnant on purpose.

Now since a lot of the women responded that they hoped she would keep the baby based off her morals.. I'm wondering if you find it immoral to give your baby up? Do you find it immoral if you're 12? How about at 16? What are the conditions that it's not moral?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Nothing about putting an infant up for adoption is immoral. It takes a hell of a lot stronger person to realize that they aren't capable of giving a child what they need and finding good parents for that baby, than adopting or keeping the baby. There are so many couples out there who can't have children that would love to be parents, and are financially and emotionally ready for that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I don't think it's immoral for a 'child' to realize that they aren't ready for the responsibility it takes to raise a child. They are giving up the baby to a family that can care for it.

As far as morals go...it all comes down to how that pre-adult runs their life after the adoption...do they go back to sleeping around and being flagrant about their lives or do they realize that with sex comes consequences?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I do not find giving the baby up for adoption for a chance at a better life for BOTH of you immoral. I find that couragous.

I do find abortion immoral. When you had sex, that was your chance to "choose". You choose to engage in the act that brings about pregnancy. You forfeit your right to play God and decide that child should die because you didn't take the necesarry precautions.

That being said, Rape or Incest, is a totally different issue seeing as how you did not "choose" to engage in the act but was forced to suffer a humiliation at the hands of another.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think it is more moral to give it up for adoption to someone who wants it rather than to abort and kill it. I was supposed to be an abortion but thankfully my mom was the ONLY person rooting to keep me around. Now I would like to rub my beautiful children in the faces of all those who decided I wasn't worthy of life for whatever reason they may have had, lol. ;)

But I think it is immoral NOT to keep the baby. Even if the pregnancy wasn't on purpose they still did what they had to do to have a baby, now they need to realize their actions have consequences and go through with it and then decide what is best for them based on their situation. NOT having the baby is immoral to me just in general.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would consider people pressuring her to give the baby up, keep it, or abort it to be "immoral" before I'd call into question the morality of a 12 year old's choices to keep, adopt out, or abort.

This is a decision that a woman will need to live with for the rest of her life. There is no "easy" choice, no "easy" out. And the more unprepared someone is for this situation, the less "easy" any of the choices are. A 12 year old is almost definitely the epitome of "unprepared".

She should be supported and counseled. Anyone "encouraging" or pressuring one choice or another should be ashamed of themselves. This is not YOUR life. You cannot know what the woman (or in this case, child) will or will not be able to live with. We're not talking about the termination of an unhatched chick, the adoption of a litter of puppies or raising a hermit crab. Every option is a life-long commitment.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 1:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Honestly, in that case I would encourage abortion. Why ruin 2 lives?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 9, 2010