do you know how to sew?

i really wish this was something i learned!
i think i will take a class.

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 11:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I do not. I wouldn't mind learning, though.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• yes
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 11:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Rudimentarily- I can do the basics.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes though I haven't done it in 2 yrs. I don't have that much space and my cat kept chewing up my thread. lol. Its a good hobby to begin though and you can get most materials for free or cheap at yard sales and freecycle.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It's easy to learn. I don't think you would need classes. If you bought a machine and had a book I think you could do it! I sewed curtains for 4 windows yesterday. I made them from curtains I bought at a yard sale for $1. I live in Tucson and have windows from  the 1930's that let the heat in. The curtains have the backing that keep heat out. For $1 I saved a bunch on unusual size window treatments, I'll save on electric, and I've made the room more comfortable. I watched a movie while I sewed.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i took a class when i was in high school and hadn't done anything since then until a couple of months ago... i got the urge to try again so i went out and bought an inexpensive machine, some patterns on sale and got my MIL to help me get started with it again! so glad I did :)
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 11:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes I do I would like to get a serger though and learn that. I have sewn since I was in Jr High maybe moons ago. I hope you learn it's fun
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, just one day I bought a machine and made my son a Domo backpack! Took forever to figure out since I did the pattern from my head but he loves it and takes it to school every day and proudly says my mom made it for me!
    babyblue21

Answer by babyblue21 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Yes, indeed. And very well. It is my form of meditation sometimes. Of creating something useful and beautiful. Of accomplishing. It is useful to know when you need to hem your children's school pants or repair a ripped garment. Or when that pretty shirt you bought doesn't quite fit right. It can give you a sense of confidence to know that YOU can fix it. Go for it!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I learned how to sew in High School. I took it for 3 years, and loved it. I've made clothes for myself and my children, and it's very rewarding when you see the work you have ccomplished. There are sooooooooooo many things you can make when you learn how to sew the proper way, and you really want to learn.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 5:30 PM on Aug. 9, 2010