Miraina birthcontrol question. Anyone else have problems with it? What is a better birthcontrol? adult content

I have miraina and I have had it for about 6 months. Well after a few days the strings are supose to soften. The strings have softened but the ends poke my hubby sometimes. I tuck the ends up like the doctor said but sometimes as we are having sex it comes back down and pokes him. Its killing our sex life! My doctor said she isn't sure about cuting them because than I can't tuck them up. Has anyone else had this problem? I think I'm going to try a different birthcontrol. I'm not sure which though.... Should I stick this with? I really do like the fact that I don't have to worry about taking pills or changing any thing and it last 5 years. Is there one that won't cause problems?

MizAnn

Asked by MizAnn at 11:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Health

• My Dh complained about the strings all the time in the beginning, but then they got pushed up so far, they no longer hurt him. I would just ask your Dh to adjust them accordingly and hopefully they won't come down again. I check mine after periods and such and they're still there. I've had it for about a year now, and no problems (although there were problems in the beginning, i had to go back and get them cut more). I would tell your doctor that either they cut them, or remove the IUD. If they are long enough to come down and poke your Dh, and it's ruining your sex life... then that's REALLY good BC, but also no fun! I've never been on any other form of BC (we actually used withdrawal before this lol).
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Go to a diff doctor. Mine cut my strings as short as possible when I complained about them poking me, and then "bent" them up out of the way, so that they wouldn't poke my husband either. I've had mine for a year and 7 months, with no problems.

As far as any other birth control... I've been on all of them. The pills suck (you have to remember to take them; I took them for so many years that they make me physically ill anymore), the shot made me have a period for 9 months straight (till I got off of it)... NuvaRing was the only other one I really liked. Put it in for 3 weeks, take it out for 7 days, put another one in. Simple. :) (However, with a NuvaRing, I must state that the, um, "shape" of your husband will be a factor: if he's got a straight penis, he'll pull the ring out and it'll play "ring around the penis" on occasion... LOL
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• If you want to change your birth control there is one called implanon. This is the one that i have and it lasts for 3 years. I love it. I have been on it for a year and it goes in your arm just under the skin. You will forget that it is even there.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I have the miraina and I haven't had any problem at all. I don't like the pill I forget to take it for some reason lol.
    Just ask yourself are you good on remembering to take the pill if not are you ready for a baby? I also don't like the shot because I'm scared of needles ={ also I heard that there might be some weight gain I don't know if that's true but I rather not find out. I will bump your question good luck...
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 11:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2010