Rape/incest and pregnancy adult content

Not a religious or abortion debate, just a question.

Some say that it's ok for an abortion if rape or incest was the cause of the pregnancy. Because it was an act of evil.

Is a fetus from that horrible act also caused from evil (aka. devil)?

I just assumed that all babies were from God with no regard to how they were concieved.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My 3rd son was a rape baby. He is 26 now. & not one time did I consider an abortion. He knows how he was concieved. Thank God for my first husband.We had 2 boys together.& he also stepped up to the plate & has been Jerrads dad since day 1.Rape & incest is a crime.Abortion is not in Gods eyes.And there is only one person who stands before God on Judgment Day.& that is the person who committed the crime.It is never the incest or the one who was raped fault.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 12:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• SOME psychiatrists believe that children of rapists are more likely to be rapists themselves - even if they never know they are a product of rape. However, there is little proof of this beyond speculation and a few cases. However, I can see if one considers rape "EVIL" then it's easy to see how one could consider the child which was conceived out of an Evil Act as Evil itself...

As a rape survivor, I don't see the rape itself as the Evil, nor do I believe the man involved was Evil. I obviously don't believe he's a good man or anything, but I feel Evil is a bit strong of a word. That said, I'm pro-choice regardless of the circumstances, I don't like abortion, but I can see how so many can choose it, and I don't think it's my place to judge.

In addition I have never bought in to this "Babies are a gift from God" crap either, Babies are a natural occurrence that happens after sex... Some are good things, others, not so much.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Well I don't believe in abortions, that's just a personal belief. But also I never found myself 16 and pregnant. I also have never been raped or incest, so why would ANYBODY make a judgement call on that? People are idots
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I also believe that all babies are from God, but the act of evil I believe absolves the mother so that she can terminate the child without guilt. Personally I would feel guilty with that decision.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• babies are a gift from God, but that loophole was from back in the day when a mother could be killed or shunned for killing her baby.
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 11:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Depending on the person.

I think also a baby is heaven sent. Yet some moms might not be able to live with the fact that they were forced to get pregnant and might wind up hating the baby which can be more horrible for the child.

Some might lose it if they were around a child made through violence. So if you ask me it is a very tricky question. How could they carry a baby that reminds them every day they were raped or abused-depending on how they look at it... incest... Some people are strong enough some aren't.

Abortions are horrible but I won't judge anyone. Who the heck am I too judge someone?? I have opinions but never judge a person I don't know.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think people who get pregnant by rape or incest SHOULD be able to abort with our guilt- but thats not how our consciences work unfortunately
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• No, the baby is not evil.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• The baby isn't evil, but is the potential mother's mental health worth risking to NOT abort the baby? If I were pregnant b/c of a rape and had to have the baby, I'd never look at that baby (or my body) in the same way as I do my DD.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I am all with Sabrina, above.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2010