First Time Mom Question

Do I need sheets for my pack and play?

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 11:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, it would be better.

Or you can use a blakee, you know tuck it in as long as the baby is supervised.

:) Have a good day, and congrats new mommy!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I had them but I didn't really use them. I think it may be a little more sanitary if the baby spits up or has an accident while they are asleep.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I think it comes with them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I bought them and they were a waste of money. Maybe it was just the kind I got, but they just came off so easy....I don't think they make fitted sheets for them since pack and plays are all slightly different sizes. We just got nice big blankets and tucked them around the mat - I think that worked a LOT better.

crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• no, you don't need them really, but they are nice to have in case baby makes a mess in there ;o)
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I never used any sheets in mine but mine isn't the kind with the bassinet on top. The bottom is vynil and I clean that frequently. I don't really see the point in sheets for it. My baby only plays in it when I'm cleaning though. She doesn't really sleep in it or anything
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 12:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i have them for the bassinet and it makes it so easy to clean up after he spits up or hid diaper leaks. i also have water proof pads under the sheets. and they make sheets just for pack and plays, but check size (32 inch x 42 inch or whatever) to make sure they will fit right. the ones i have fit perfectly and i never had a problem with them staying on.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 12:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We never used them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• We use sheets - I can't see laying my baby down on the vinyl, and I wouldn't feel comfortable using a blanket that she could pull up in front of her face. My 4 week old is my 5th, and I got a sheet with my pack n play and then I bought 2 extra ones years ago so I haven't bought any recently, but they really aren't that expensive. They are fitted and I haven't had a problem with them staying on.

Answer by missanc at 12:37 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Thanks, ladies! My Graco one didn't come with a fitted sheet but I think I will buy some. :)
    SMH2010

Comment by SMH2010 (original poster) at 1:29 PM on Aug. 9, 2010