Is this something to be concerned about?

My Dd will wake in the night as if catching her breath. It wakes her up and I have to put her back to sleep. She's been doing it since she was about a month old and she's 15 months now. I never brought it up at her doc appointments cuz it doesn't happen every night and I forget.
What does it sound like to you? Before she wakes up, she does go a while w/o breathing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like apnea--I would take her to the doc and have them check her.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• i would have brought her to the dr when she first started doing it. And if i was you i would make a appointment to seea dr and have him/her checked to make sure everything is ok. because that is not normal!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 12:02 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• It could be apnea or reflux. Either condition can be serious and it should be checked out.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Sounds like apnea to me too. I would definitely have the doctor check it out.
    talestra

Answer by talestra at 12:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• I would call the doctor right now while you are thinking about it and get her an appointment
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 12:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2010

• Um... wouldn't you be concerned about yourself if YOU were waking up gasping? Especially with all the paranoia about SIDS, etc... I really don't understand how you could ignore this and NOT call your doc (even after hours) after it happened the FIRST time!
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:16 PM on Aug. 9, 2010